Sunday, November 14, 2010

Why do people emphasize BEST in a friendship?

Lately I've noticed some calling themselves my best friend, or even myself calling someone best.

In all honestly, i have 7 best friends, all for very different reasons, none quite the same, yet all so very important to me.

The first of which is my savior, my reason for being here, and my God. I wouldn't even be here without him so why wouldn't he be the best?!

And then there's my sister, who i don't know what i'd do without, in so many ways, she's been the best friend i could ever ask for.

Then another, one i just recently have got to know. I'm sooo glad i am though. He's the first real friend that i've had in a long time. I feel like there has been too much inbetween some friends and I, but not this time, it's only us, nothing getting in the way. It's the best.

I can't forget that someone who has tried to understand me through the tears, he's literally been here for me at all hours of my crazy days, and nights. Even at my worst he'd be the one to point out my beauty, both inside and out. He's the friend who steps in when the entire world seems to step out. What about that isn't the best?

And there's always a forever friend, one who's known you from the very start. All because we were lost at recess on day one of Kindergarden type of friend. And of course that feels like the best.

What about the one who it seems like forever, because you're practically sisters. I could call her parent's mom and dad without a doubt and they'd just smile. That feels like it should be best as well.

I also have the one who was inseperable for a long time. She's been through what seems like my worst part of life with me. She's the one who goes back and forth, but in the end, she could easily be the best.

And last but not least, the one you think you should be in a relationship with because you feel like some old bickering couple. We're constantly talking and he means so much to me. He's newer in my life, but it feels like both the best, and forever.



Alright, I just described seven different friendships, all of which are incredible. In my mind they're all my best. No one person should have that place in my heart and life. Because honestly God would win, he's my number one. Although all of the six others on my list are amazing. I love them, each for different reasons, but love nonetheless.

Don't let society make you chose the best. In the end we're all our own bests'. So be your best, be the best God made you to be, be one of the best friends to someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment